Published on July 22nd, 2014 | by Ben Enos0
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Review
BeQuiet is a company well known for their silent power supplies and cooling solutions, they offer multiple variants of each product while their ‘Dark’ range is probably one of their more well known lines. For the most part BeQuiet products follow a very similar design, black and maybe if you are lucky a bit of orange thrown in the logo or for a bit of accenting. Don’t let that put you off though, be quiet still offer some of the most aesthetically pleasing designs out there and they may just be in part to their simplistic colour scheme.
Today I am taking a look at the monster behemoth that is the be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3. The Dark Rock Pro features a 250W TDP and room for up to three fans while remaining near silent. It’s all black design with 7 heat pipes is not only sure to catch your eye but also offer outstanding cooling performance. The Dark Rock Pro 3 is also designed to fit most Intel and AMD sockets so should be compatible with just about any PC.
What be quiet! has to say about the Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU cooler:
No Compromise Silence and Performance
Dark Rock™ CPU coolers have long been category leaders, and now the significantly upgraded Dark Rock Pro 3 is even more powerful. This virtually inaudible double-tower CPU cooler puts famous be quiet! SilentWings® technology in your PC where it really counts. They are excellent for overclocked systems and demanding multi-graphics platforms.
Dark Rock Pro 3 offers top performance-to-noise ratio and the highest reliability available. Improved cooling efficiency (250W TDP) and really silent operation (only 26.1dB(A) at maximum speed) mean this cooler strikes the perfect balance between cooling and serenity —truly silence and performance without compromises.
Immensely high cooling efficiency
- Improved dynamic wave-contour cooling fins with small dots on the surface increase air circulation and contribute to high convection efficiency without raising overall noise
- Enhanced double-tower layout offers reduced weight and enables high cooling power
- Support of additional 120mm fan for extreme cooling performance (free fan clips are included in the scope of delivery)
- Seven high-performance heat pipes with copper lining and aluminum caps carry heat to the optimal location on the cooling fins, maximizing heat conductance
- The immensely high cooling capacity of 250W TDP offers low temperature even at peak performance
- New arrangement of heat pipes enhances the cooling capability
Virtually inaudible operation
- Two SilentWings® PWM fans (front: 120mm, inner: 135mm) with advanced copper core fluid dynamic bearing and dynamically-balanced impeller provide optimal cooling with deep serenity
- Inner 135mm SilentWings® PWM fan features nine airflow-optimized fan blades and an innovative 6-pole motor for smoother operation and less vibration
- Decoupled fan mount with vibration-isolating elements on the heat sink
- Noise is at scant 26.1dB(A) even at 100% PWM function
Product conception, design and quality control in Germany
- Winner of the prestigious Red Dot Design Award 2014
- Compatibility with all current Intel® and AMD™ sockets
- Completely dark nickel-plated heat sink
- Brushed aluminum top cover with high-grade diamond cut finish
- 3-year warranty